How does a Local SEO Campaign Work?
- We meet to discuss your online business objectives.
- Your website is investigated by our SEO specialists.
- A recommendation is prepared detailing how your SEO should be enhanced.
- Once you are satisfied with our recommendation and quote, work begins.
- Key words that appeal to your particular client base are researched.
- Based on these keywords, we optimise your website using cutting edge SEO strategies.
- You track results using Google Analytics software that we install on your website.
Contact Geo Location Based SEO to start your local SEO campaign.
Google uses its algorithm to determine what to display in search results in specific queries or keywords. Google’s organic algorithm offers most of the standard search results, but with local search results it works somewhat differently and displays search results based on other aspects besides the normal search algorithm. When you perform a local search on Google, there are three main factors that Google takes into account:
Relevance: Is the content of your website relevant to the search query or keyword?
Prominence: Does your company stand out, give confidence and its content is useful to the user?
Proximity: Is your business close to where the user is searching?
Google’s goal is to show results that are relevant depending on the query being made. It’s not just a key factor for local SEO, relevance is also a must for standard search. It’s important to keep this in mind when creating content for local searches.
But how can you make sure Google and other search engines find your business relevant? First you need to know if you are working on the keywords that potential local customers might be looking for.
The best ways to inform Google about the relevance of your local business are:
- Incorporate the right keywords into descriptions and web content.
- Create content that is relevant to your business and your customers.
- Choose the right category when including your company in directories.
- Spend time improving on-page SEO.
- Add outline markup to your website to help search engines display useful results for users.
- Generate backlinks from local web pages and other relevant websites.
In local SEO, prominence is how your business stands out from its competitors. Google also analyzes whether your business is trustworthy and whether the content you publish is useful and specific.
The more prominent your online business is, the better it will be for local SEO. This makes it easier for Google and other search engines to find your business, and a strong and active online presence will help you achieve a better ranking. All this gives you a higher ranking in organic search results.
Here are some ways you can improve and maintain the prominence of your local business:
- Get more customer reviews on your Google My Business listing.
- Keep social networks active.
- Work the blog and create collaborations with other businesses in the area.
- Create a quality link of local news sites or other websites.
- Include your company in local directories and relevant to your company.
After relevance and prominence, the last and most important aspect of ranking for local SEO is proximity.
As a small local business, you’ll want to make sure Google is improving your store in results when people in your city are looking for relevant topics.
There are three ways potential customers can search for a local business:
In this type of search, the user does not include the location. It’s a broader search, but it still needs to be considered when optimizing content. For example, “sports t-shirts” could be a criterion for a sports fashion store.
This type of search includes location, such as city. For example, “sports jerseys in Malaga” could be a destination keyword phrase that a potential customer uses if they live in Malaga and are looking for these garments.
Search near me
The user indicates that they want results from nearby companies. For example, “sports jerseys near me” or “buy sports jerseys near me” could be phrases that our potential client would look for.
Ideally, make sure Google knows where your business is by including the address on your website, Google My Business listing, social media, and other channels.
As we mentioned earlier, creating local backlinks, writing local content on the blog, adding your business to local directories, and more will help you appear in your area’s search results.
Now that you know how local SEO works, do you want to let yourself be advised by our SEO experts to get the most out of your business? If you want more info, stop by our previous post to know what is local seo for small businesses. Contact Almoraima Soluciones and get the visibility you want so much!