An official document that certifies the holder to drive vehicles in India, Learner’s license and Permanent license is mandatory in India for those who wish to drive. A Learner’s license has a validity of six months and allows the holder to drive a private motor vehicle without a gear and of the engine capacity of 50CC. Anyone above the age of 16 can apply for this. It must be noted that the Learner’s License will not be extended beyond six months. This is also mandatory for those who wish to apply for a permanent license.
In order to obtain this, customers will have to apply for this license along with the required documents and pass the test.
Rajasthan Motor Vehicle Department
The Rajasthan Motor Vehicle Department is responsible for issuing permits and licenses to those who clear the tests. Customers can visit the website in order to download forms and apply for the tests or can visit any of the available RTO (Regional Transport Office) centers throughout the state.
Only those who are above the age of 16 can apply for a learner’s license. They will also need consent from the parents or guardians before applying for the same. Customers with learner’s license can only drive vehicles that are of the engine capacity of 50CC and vehicles that do not have gears.
A learner’s license is valid only for six months and is not renewable. This license can be used anywhere throughout the country.
- For two wheelers without gears, candidates need not be minimum 16 years old.
- For other vehicles with gear, candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- For other transport vehicles, candidates must be at least 20 years old.
Procedure for Obtaining Learner’s License in Rajasthan
Learner’s license can be obtained from any of the Regional Transport Offices or from driving schools.
- In order to apply, customers will have to visit the official Rajasthan Transport Department website. When they click on a tab titled ‘Forms’ they will be able to download the application form for a learner’s license which is Form 2. This form will have to be filled in.
- Customers will have to provide details such as the category of vehicle that they require the license for, their name, address, date and place of birth and identification marks.
- Candidates will also have to furnish details such as blood group, educational qualifications and so on.
- Once this form is submitted to one of the RTOs, the date and time of the exam will be provided.
- A fee of Rs. 30 must be provided prior to taking the test.
- There will be a written test and candidates must obtain at least 60% in the test to pass.
- In case candidates fail the test, they may take it again the next day.
- The test will mainly consist of questions that deal with road signs and symbols, driver’s duty and so on.
- Once customers obtain their learner’s license, they will have to ensure that they only drive their vehicles with the supervision of someone who has a permanent license. They will also have to put the symbol ‘L’ in red tape, on their vehicle.
Documents Required for Obtaining Learner’s License in Rajasthan
- Candidates will have to submit Form 2, which is available on the Rajasthan Transport Department Website.
- Three passport size photographs are required.
- Customers will have to submit a proof of residence. Any of the options below can be provided –
- Voter’s ID
- Life Insurance Policy
- Pay Slip issued by the State Government, Central Government
- Customers will also need to give their Age Proof through one of the documents mentioned below –
- Birth Certificate
- School Certificate
A Learner’s license is a temporary license granted to candidates while they hone their skills so as to obtain a permanent license in the future. Within three months of obtaining this particular license, a candidate can apply for the driver’s license. Candidates are advised to study well for the test as procuring driver’s license is not possible without having a learner’s license. For a learner’s license, only a written test is required and candidates who pass this can only drive certain types of vehicles such as two-wheelers vehicles without gears.
FAQs on Learner’s Licence- Rajasthan
- Will a learner’s licence issued in Rajasthan be valid all across India?Yes, a learner’s licence that has been issued in Rajasthan will be valid all across India.
- If I know how to drive a vehicle, can I directly apply for a driving licence in Rajasthan?No, to get your driving licence in Rajasthan, you need to have a learner’s licence first. It does not matter how experienced you are in driving.
- How do I check status of my learner’s licence in Rajasthan?You can check the status of your learner’s licence via the RTO office or by visiting the official RTO website.
- Should I take a driving test to get a learner’s licence in Rajasthan?No, you do not have to take a driving test before you get a learner’s licence in Rajasthan.
- Can I directly apply for an international learner’s licence in Rajasthan?No, you cannot directly get an international learner’s licence in Rajasthan. You can apply for an international driving
information credit : bankbazzar