How to get duplicate registration certificate
In case, the owner of the vehicle wants a duplicate registration certificate due to the loss or damage to the original registration certificate, there is facility provided by the government to do so.
Procedure to obtain the duplicate registration certificate
- The first step in obtaining the duplicate registration certificate of the motor vehicle is to report the loss or damage of the original certificate to the police in the area where the loss or damage to the RC happened.
- The form required to apply for a duplicate registration certificate is Form 26. Take a print out of the same and fill the details asked in the form.
- Make any pending payments that you have to make as per Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989.
- Submit the following documents to obtain the duplicate registration certificate for your motor vehicle:
- The application to issue the duplicate registration certificate or Form 26.
- Police certificate from the police department in the area where the loss or damage to the original RC happened.
- Certificate which states that the vehicle in question emits pollution that is under control.
- A certificate which states the insurance of the vehicle.
- A document which acts as proof of address for the owner of the motor vehicle in question.
- If the motor vehicle is commercial, a challan clearance from the traffic police and Enforcement Transport Wing is also required.
- For commercial motor vehicles, a document stating tax clearance is also required.
- PAN card of the owner of the motor vehicle or Form 60 and Form 61.
- A print of the engine chassis and engine pencil of the motor vehicle is also required.
- The motor vehicle owner’s signature identification is to be provided as well.
- The owner of the motor vehicle has to also produce an affidavit which states that the original registration certificate is lost.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is it compulsory to file a complaint in case of a misplaced registration certificate?Yes, it is compulsory for an individual to file a complaint in the local police station as you will have to provide the copy of the same before you can apply for the duplicate registration certificate.
- Where can I check the status of my registration certificate?You can check the status of your new or duplicate registration certificate using the official parivahan.gov.in website. The status can be checked under the rcdl status option on the website. To know the status, you will be required to provide your registration number and the portal will generate the status on your screen accordingly.
- What is the information that is found on a RC smart card?A RC smart card contains the information which can be listed as follows:
- The registration date
- The registration number
- The chassis number
- The colour and type of the vehicle
- The seating capacity of the vehicle
- The model name and number
- Is it possible to change the address on my registration certificate after the registration?Yes, it is possible to change the address on a registration certificate after the registration.
- How to change the address on my registration certificate after the registration?You will need to produce a few documents I this case. You will have to submit the original registration certificate (RC) or RC smart card, Form 33, an NOC which is to be obtained from the original registering authority, Form 28, attested copy of the PUC certificate and driving licence, attested copy of Form 60 and Form 61. All these documents have to be submitted along with the duly filled up form requesting the change of the registered address.
- Do I have to change the registration certificate of my vehicle if I move from one state to another?No, you will not be required to change the registration certificate in such cases. You can use the same registration certificate or RC smart card. However, you will be required to get a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the original RC issuing authority.
information credit : bankbazzar
Please login to post a comment.
%d bloggers like this: