A learner’s license authorises its holder to learn driving in the presence of an individual who has a permanent driving license. It is important to note that the learner’s license is valid for six months only.
Odisha Motor Vehicle Department
The Odisha Motor Vehicle Department is responsible for ensuring a smooth road transport mechanism in the state. There are 35 RTOs across Odisha. RTO personnel enforce the Motor Vehicle Act and Rules in Odisha. The learner’s license is issued three days after clearing the test by additional RTO.
Requirements for Learner’s License
The requirements for a learner’s license are listed in the table below:
|Non-Transport Vehicle||Transport (Commercial Vehicle)|
|The minimum age should be 16 years (50cc motorcycle) and 18 years for motorcycles with gear|
If an applicant is aged between 16 and 18 years, a declaration form has to be submitted by his parents
If an applicant is above 50 years, he should submit CMV-Form 1 issued by a medical practitioner
|The minimum age should be 20 years for applicants seeking to drive bus, taxi and auto and goods vehicle among others|
One year experience of driving Light Motor Vehicle (LMV)
CMV-Form 1A issued by a registered medical practitioner
To acquire a learner’s license, an applicant should first log on to the website of Orissa Motor Vehicle Department at http://orissatransport.org. After clicking on ‘Get New Learner License Appointment’, the required form will appear. The applicant should then select the RTO of his jurisdiction. The application form with various details such as class of vehicle should be filled out by the applicant who must also choose the time and date of the test from the slots available. The applicant should then click on ‘make payment’, following which, the net banking customer ID and username should be entered. The receipt of the payment should be printed. The applicant should then go to his nearest RTO office with the appointment receipt, the required documents (original and photocopies) and application form no.2. The RTO officials will return the original documents. An online computer test will be held. If the applicant clears the computer test, he will be given the learner’s license.
Documents for Learner’s License
The various documents required for obtaining a learner’s license are listed below:
- Application in Form-2
- Medical Certificate Form1-A
- Physical fitness declaration in Form-II
- Passport size photographs
- Proof of address (any one of the following)
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- Electoral roll
- House tax mutation order
- Water bill
- Electricity bill
- Life insurance policy
- Registered sale deed
- CGHS card
- Nationalised bank passbook
- Proof of age (any one of the following)
- Birth certification
- PAN card
- School certificate
It is important to note that the learner’s license is valid for only six months. The license holder should learn driving within the said period, following which, he can apply for a permanent driving license within 180 days of receiving the learner’s license. A learner’s licence holder should clear the driving test for receiving his permanent driving license.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the validity period of the learner’s driving licence in Odisha?The learner’s licence in Odisha will be valid for a period of 6 months.
- Can change my address on my learner’s licence?Yes, to make any changes in the learner’s licence. To change your address, you will be required to submit the required documents that will include residential address proof, copy of the licence, clearance certificate along with a no-objection certificate in case you are moving out of the city.
- What is the fee for a driving test in Odisha?To get a learner’s licence in Odisha, you will need to give a driving test for which a fee of Rs.50 needs to be paid by the applicant.
- Can I add another class of vehicle to my driving licence?Yes, to add another or an additional class of vehicles to your licence, a fee of Rs.30 will need to be paid.
information credit : bankbazzar