During the second week of January 2017, the Central Motor Vehicle Rules bore witness to its 22nd amendment. This amendment brought about a fresh fee structure for a number of vehicle related issues including Driving Licence (DL), Learning Licence (LL), International Driver’s Licence (IDL), Registration of new vehicles, and Fitness Certificate (FC) tests. These new fees are already brought into force as plenty of new vehicle owners have already found out through their trips to RTOs around the country.
Online LL/DL Payment Instructions:
- Choose ‘ Application Fee’ from the ‘EPAYMENT’ menu.
- Enter Date of Birth and Application number.
- Click on ‘Click Here to Calculate Fee’.
- Verify Details.
- Choose Gateway/Bank from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the generated code.
- Click on ‘Pay Now’ to make the payment.
In this article, we will list out all the new changes brought about to the fee structure. Below is a table that lists out all the old fees along with the new ones that have been introduced.
While the aforementioned table concerns aspects relating to licenses, below is a table that lists out all the fee structure changes for vehicle registrations.
These are all the changes that have been introduced with the commencement of 22nd amendment. So, keep these in mind before going ahead to get a license or are looking to get a vehicle registered.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Will I get a fee refund if I fail the driving test?No, the fee will not be refunded in case of failure in the driving test.
- Is it necessary for me to appear for a driving test from a Motor Driving Training School?It is compulsory for you to appear for a driving test from a Motor Driving Training School only if you have applied for a commercial vehicle driver’s licence. In this case the school will have to issue Form No. 5 for the licence. For all other cases, you can simply appear for the test through any other medium.
- How long can I use my learner’s licence?A learner’s driving licence is valid for a period of 6 months from the date of issuance. Past the 6 months, if the applicant has not appeared or qualified his or her driving test, he or she will be required to renew the same by paying a fee of Rs.200.
- What is the minimum age requirement to apply for a learner’s driving licence?The applicant applying for a learner’s driving licence should be at least 16 years old at the time of applying for the licence. However, it should be kept in mind that he or she will not be able to apply for a motorcycle with gear or light motor vehicle licence. He or she can apply only for a motorcycle with gear licence (wherein the engine capacity does not exceed 50 cc).
- What is the minimum age requirement to apply for a learner’s driving licence for motorcycle with gear or light motor vehicle?The applicant applying for a learner’s driving licence for a motorcycle with gear or a light motor vehicle should be at least 18 years old at the time of applying for the licence.
- What are the requirements to apply for a licence for transport vehicles?In the case of a transport vehicle licence application, the applicant should have completed the age of 18 years. In addition to that, he or she will also be required to have a driving experience of light motor vehicle for at least a year. Medical certificates in Form CMV 1 and 1A are also necessary in this case.
- Is it mandatory to provide a medical certificate at the time of applying for a learner’s licence?If the applicant is under the age of 50 years and is applying for a non-transport motor vehicle, he or she will not be required to produce any medical certificate. In case he or she is 50+ years old and/or applying for a transport vehicle licence, he or she will be required to provide a medical certificate.
information credit : bankbazzar