Electric cars are the next big thing in the world. If you have been wanting to get a car that is eco-friendly, efficient, and powerful, you should most certainly go for an electric car. Currently, in India, there are a few automobiles that run on electricity. There are many more cars that will soon be launched by the year 2020. You can choose from any of them to have a smooth and environment-friendly driving time. When you use an electric car for all your commuting and travelling needs, you make a great contribution to preserving the environment effectively.
The government of India intends to make sure that only electric automobiles are sold in India by the year 2030. In order to achieve this plan, all automobile companies will need to make a lot of changes and bring in new measures for ensuring that only electric cars are driven on the roads of the country.
How Does an Electric Car Work?
An electric car run on an electric motor and not on a petrol or diesel engine like other cars. In an electric automobile, the electric motor obtains energy from a controller and this administers the power that is used for driving the car. This will be determined according to the accelerator pedal utilised by the driver of the automobile.
In an electric vehicle, the energy is deposited and stockpiled in the rechargeable batteries that are located inside the car. These batteries need to be recharged on a regular basis by ordinary electricity in a household. When a normal automobile or a hybrid car is used, it utilises fuel such as petrol or diesel for the engine. Along with the fuel, it makes use of a motor and a battery that help in enhancing the performance and efficiency of the automobile. On the other hand, an electric vehicle uses only electricity for running the whole show.
Advantages of Electric Cars
When cars run exclusively on electricity, there are a number of benefits and they include:
- They help in slowly eliminating our reliance on oils or fuels that are obtained from the earth. This is a great way to save the environment.
- When electric cars are used entirely, there will be no emissions that are let out by exhaust pipes of normal motor cars.
- An electric car is more efficient than a normal motor car. You can get an electric car charged within just a few hours and use it for a long duration. You can get it charged in your house or your office parking area. If you have an ordinary motor automobile, you will need to take it to a petrol pump to fill petrol or diesel in your car and this fuel can be used only for a few days.
- When you use an electric car, you contribute towards reducing the carbon footprint effectively. This is a great step towards conserving our environment.
- It also helps in minimising your fuel expenses. You will end up paying a lot for filling petrol or diesel when you have a normal motor car. With an electric car, you will be paying very less for running the car.
- Electric cars do not need much maintenance. They can function efficiently without regular emission checks, oil changes, fuel checks, etc.
- Electric cars utilise dirty electricity. Dirty electricity is formed by electronic appliances, electronics, and devices that use energy-efficient electricity. However, these emissions made by electric cars are much lesser when compared to emissions made by normal internal combustion automobiles.
Top Electric Car Models in India
You can take a look at the specific features and benefits of some of the best electric automobiles that are sold in India and then take your pick!
1. Mahindra e-Verito
This electric vehicle has been quite popular on Indian roads for some time. With a displacement of 300 cc and an engine type of 72V 3-Phase AC Induction Motor, it offers a good mileage of 110.00 kmpl. It comes with 2 cylinders and a front-wheel drive (FWD) train. It has an automatic transmission system with an electro-hydraulic power steering system. The front suspension of this car is a Macpherson Type with wishbone link and the rear suspension is an H-section torsion beam with a programmed deflection coil spring. This car has alloy wheels and a tubeless tyre system. This vehicle has a ground clearance of 172mm and a boot space of 510 L. You can enjoy a seating capacity of 5 in this environment-friendly car! You will get a digital immobiliser and an engine immobiliser with this automobile. You can also enjoy advanced features such as a remote lock and keyless entry and a central locking system with this car. This car comes with eco or boost-drive modes. The bumpers of this car will have the colour of the car’s body. The price for this car starts at Rs.10.39 lakh and your EMIs for this automobile will start at Rs.19,547.
2. Mahindra e2oPlus
This electric vehicle has 2 variants and they include electric engine – 25 BHP and an electric engine – 40 BHP. The engine type of this vehicle is 3-Phase, 600 Amp, and AC induction motor. The maximum speed of this vehicle is 80. It is an automatically driven vehicle and it has a rear-wheel drive (RWD) train. The clutch type of this vehicle is automatic. It has a seating capacity of 4 and a boot space of 135 L. It has a ground clearance of 170mm with tubeless tyres and alloy wheels. The on-road price for this eco-friendly vehicle starts at Rs.5.94 lakh. If you apply for an auto loan to buy this vehicle, your EMI will start at Rs.11,541 per month. It has a displacement of 210 cc. It comes with security features such as power door lock, central locking system, engine immobiliser, and a power door lock. You can also enjoy an adjustable power steering system with this car. The mileage of this car is 110.00 kmpl.
Apart from the 2 electric vehicles that are already popular in the country, there are a whole lot of electric vehicles that are soon going to be launched in India. You will most probably see the following electric vehicles in Indian markets very soon:
- Mahindra KUV100 Electric
- Tata Tigor
- Tata Nano EV
- BMW i3
- Tesla Model 3
- Nissan Leaf
Along with these cars that are yet to be released in India, Maruti and Renault are planning to manufacture a few electric cars in their factories in India.
If you are short of funds due to other expenses and want to badly purchase an electric car, you can apply for an affordable car loan online. You can compare auto loans on financial web portals or the official websites of banks and NBFCs and select one according to your preference and financial condition. You will need to have a good credit score while applying for a car loan.