Learner’s License in Andhra Pradesh (AP)
Learning to drive a motor vehicle has become an important milestone in everyoneâ€™s life. It is important that an individual learns to drive a motor vehicle and develops a road sense before actually driving his own vehicle on road. As per the Indian Motor Vehicle Act 1988, no person can drive a vehicle on Indian Roads without holding a valid license. If an individual is new to driving and is still in the process of learning to drive a vehicle then he must obtain a Learnerâ€™s License (LLR) before driving on Indian roads. Not only that, obtaining a Learner License is the first step to getting your own permanent Driving License as well.
In Andhra Pradesh, a Learnerâ€™s License must be obtained before a motorist can apply for a permanent Driving License. The Learnerâ€™s License acts like a permit given by the local Transport Authorities. Also, the process of applying for a Learner License has been greatly simplified after the advent of online portals for Andhra Pradesh Transport Authorities. Individuals can easily get a Learner License in Andhra Pradesh by visiting the nearest Regional Transport Office and can check the procedures for the same online.
Types of Learner License in Andhra Pradesh
An individual must obtain a Learner License pertaining to a certain class of vehicle before he can get a permanent Driving License for the same. When it comes to driving license in Andhra Pradesh, it is offered under the following categories – LMV or Light Motor Vehicles, Transport Vehicles and for Motorcycles without Gear.
If an individual wishes to obtain a permanent Driving License for Transport Vehicles in Andhra Pradesh, he must first apply for a Learner License for Transport Vehicles and also hold a valid driving license for light motor vehicles. Given below is the age criteria to apply for a Learner License in Andhra Pradesh.
- For obtaining a Learner License for motorcycle without gear, the candidate must have completed 16 years of age.
- For obtaining a Learner License for transport vehicles, the candidate must have completed 20 years of age.
- For all other classes of vehicles, the candidate must have completed 18 years of age to apply for a Learner License.
How to apply online for a Learner’s License in Andhra Pradesh
Individuals in Andhra Pradesh can make use of the Meeseva facility to get a Learner License. The Meeseva facility enables easy booking of Learner License test slots and also provides the Learner License application form which can be downloaded and submitted at the RTO office. The process for applying online for a Learner License in Andhra Pradesh is given below.
- The applicant can visit the Meeseva online portal or Andhra Pradesh Transport Departmentâ€™s website to download the application form for Learner License.
- Information including applicantâ€™s name, KYC documents, Aadhaar card number, locality, district, pin code and khata number might be asked for.
- The individual will have to submit the completely filled application form for Learner License at the nearest Regional Transport Office. The individual will also have to present the other required documents.
- If you have not already booked a slot for taking the Learner License test, you can do so by visiting the Andhra Pradesh transport departmentâ€™s website. Select the test center and the district to check the availability.
- Go to the test centre on the selected date and time with a copy of application form and other documents to take the test for Learner License. Once you pass the test, a copy of Learner License will be sent via courier.
Documents Required for Learner License in Andhra Pradesh
A candidate applying for a Learner License must submit the following documents.Application as given in Form.Proof of age (as per the class of vehicle), which can be any of the following
- Ration Card, Life insurance policy,Â passport, voter ID card, birth certificate or school certificate
- Age certification as given by a registered medical practitioner
- If the candidate is unable to produce any of the age proof documents given above for an acceptable reason, the licensing authority shall accept an affidavit sworn before an Executive Magistrate, Notary Public or Judicial Magistrate by the candidate.
Application and declaration concerning the physical fitness of the applicant as given in Form 1.Proof of residence, which can be any of the following
- Aadhaar card, voter ID, passport, ration card, electricity bills, house tax receipt or recent phone bills.
- If the applicant is not able to produce any of the address proof documents mentioned above for an acceptable reason, the licensing authority shall accept an affidavit sworn by the candidate before a Notary Public, Executive Magistrate or Judicial Magistrate.
For candidates applying for a transport license, medical certificate as mentioned in Form 1 A.Recent passport size photographs of the candidateIf the candidate is applying for a Learner License for Transport vehicle, he must produce the original driving license for Light Motor Vehicle held by him for at least a year.
How to Apply for a Learner’s License in Andhra Pradesh
The process of applying for a Learner License or LLR in Andhra Pradesh has been made hassle free, thanks to the web portals introduced by Andhra Pradesh Transport Department. Follow the simple steps described below to apply for a Learner License in Andhra Pradesh.
- The candidate must fill the application form for Learner License in Andhra Pradesh which can be downloaded from the Meeseva online portal or at Andhra Pradesh Transport Department website. Alternatively, the candidate can also procure the application form for Learner License from the nearest RTO.
- The individual must submit a copy of duly filled application form for Learner License along with the documents required to the nearest RTO while taking the test for Learner License.
- To book a test slot for Learner License in Andhra Pradesh, candidates can contact the nearest RTO who will issue the confirmation or book it online at Andhra Pradesh Transport Department website.
- If the individual is applying for a Transport Vehicle Learner License, he must also submit the original permanent Driving License for LMV which must have been held by him for at least an year.
- The applicant will also be required to pay a nominal fee for taking the Learner License test. If the individual is taking the process offline, he can pay directly to the concerned RTO. Else, the payment for the Learner License test and issual can be done online.
- The RTO office will conduct the test for Learner License on the date and time chosen by the individual. The candidate must complete the Learner License test successfully to get a Learner License in Andhra Pradesh.
How to check Learner’s License Status in Andhra Pradesh
Individuals who have applied for Learner License in Andhra Pradesh can keep themselves updated with the status of Learner License by visiting the Andhra Pradesh Transport Departmentâ€™s website. Also, the applicant can visit the RTO where they have applied for Learner License to know about the processing status.
Checking the Learner License status Offline at Andhra Pradesh Regional Transport Offices (RTO)
- Candidates who have applied for Learner License can check the status of the same by contacting the concerned RTO where the application was made.
- You will be asked to provide some information including contact address, application number and name to get details about the Learner License application status.
Checking the Driving License status Online at Andhra Pradesh Transport Department Website
- Candidates can check for updates on Learner License application status right from the comfort of their homes by using the Andhra Pradesh Transport Department website.
- Visit the â€œDocument Delivery Servicesâ€ page in Andhra Pradesh Transport Department website. Enter â€œLicenseâ€ as module type. You will have to provide the application number as input type and enter the Learner License application number.
- The tool will immediately project details regarding the present status of Learner License and if the Learner License is printed and dispatched. EMS number, if applicable, will also be displayed.
- In case you have entered wrong details, you can use the â€œClearâ€ option to make changes to the information.
How to Make Corrections in Learner’s License
If you require corrections to be made in the Learner License copy after you have received it, follow the steps given below.
- Get in touch with the RTO in Andhra Pradesh that issued the Learner License. You cannot get the corrections done in other RTOs. For example, if you have got your Learner License in Hyderabad, you will not be able to make changes in a RTO in other states of Andhra Pradesh.
- Present the correct documents to make corrections in the Learner License. For example, you will have to present the marriage certificate to make changes to your name printed in the Learner License.
- You will have to produce the original copy of existing Learner License and application in plain paper requesting for corrections in Learner License.
- If the request for corrections is approved by the Regional Transport officer, you will have to pay a nominal fee and would be offered a receipt for the same.
- The receipt can be used in lieu of original Learner License until a new Learner License is sent through courier.
- To get a complete list of documents required and to know more about the process, do get in touch with the RTO that issued your Learner License.
Test Procedure for Learner’s License in Andhra Pradesh
Given below is the test procedure for obtaining a Learnerâ€™s License LLR in Andhra Pradesh:
Booking a Test Slot for Learner License Online
- Before actually taking the test, the candidate must first book a slot for Learner License test online at Andhra Pradesh Transport Department website.
- Visit the â€œOnline Learner License Slot Bookingâ€ page to book a slot for your Learner License test. Get a confirmation, modification or cancellation slip by clicking on the links given for the same.
- Aadhar number is mandatory to get a slot for Learner License online. After you provide the Aadhaar number, you will have to select the preferred district and test center to take the Learner License test.
- You will be redirected to a calendar where you can choose the dates marked in green. Red color in the calendar denotes that slot is unavailable or full.
- After you have fixed a date and time, you will be given an acknowledgement confirming the Learner License test appointment. You will then be redirected to the payments page and also be intimated about the documents required for Learner License test.
- You will be able to modify information and reschedule the test through this portal.
Learner License Test Procedure in Andhra Pradesh
- The Learner License test is a computer based test that will assess your knowledge about basic traffic signs and road signals. Usually, to pass the test, the candidate has to answer 16 questions correctly out of 20 questions.
- The time duration for the Learner License test is 10 minutes and the test is offered in Telugu, Hindi and English.
Learner’s License Renewal in Andhra Pradesh
A Learner License in Andhra Pradesh is valid for six months from the issue date and can be renewed for another six months during its validity. The procedure for renewing a Learner License in Andhra Pradesh is given below.
- To renew a valid Learnerâ€™s License, the holder must submit an application form to the concerned RTO that issued the Learnerâ€™s License. You will be required to submit an application as in Form 9 for this.
- Along with the necessary documents and application, the Learner License holder must also pay a nominal fee to renew the Learner License.
- Documents like photographs, address proof and identity proof must be kept handy while renewing a Learner License.
- Medical certificates as mentioned in Form 1 A along with Form 1 declaration might be asked for depending on your profile.
- The RTO will approve and validate the application for Learner License renewal and the new updated Learner License will be sent to the residence of applicant.
How to Apply for Duplicate Learner’s License in AP
In case the applicant has torn or misplaced the Learner License, he can apply for a duplicate Learner License. Here is the procedure to apply for a duplicate Learner License in Andhra Pradesh.
- The Learner License holder must fill an application form requesting the issuance of a duplicate Learner License and submit it to the RTO where the Learner License was issued originally or last renewed.
- The candidate will also be required to present documents like address proof and identity proof.
- The applicant will also have to furnish information including Learner License number, Applicant name, parentâ€™s name, date of Learner License issue and date of birth.
- The validity for the duplicate Learner License will be same as the original Learner License and the duplicate Learner License will be sent to the address of the applicant.
FAQs for Learner’s License in Andhra Pradesh
- I failed my Learner License test. When can I take a retest?If the applicant has failed the Learner License test, he can take a retest after 7 days from the date of online test. The applicant has to provide some information like application number for last Learner License test and cash receipt to take the retest for Learner License.
- I obtained my Learner License last month. When can I take the test forÂ permanent Driving License?Candidates are eligible to apply for a permanent Driving License test one month after getting their Learner License.
- What are the prerequisites if I wish to apply for a Learner License for Transport Vehicle?To apply for a Learner License for Transport Vehicle, you must apply in Form 8 and must also present a permanent Driving License for Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) which was obtained at least a year back.
- What is the validity period for Learner License in Andhra Pradesh?In Andhra Pradesh, a Learner License is valid for six months and is renewable for another six months during its validity.
- What is the required educational qualification for obtaining a Learner License for transport vehicle in Andhra Pradesh?The candidate must have successfully completed 8th Standard and must have a had a permanent driving license for Light Motor Vehicle for at least an year before applying for Transport vehicle Learner License.
information credit : bankbazzar